THE DAYS LEADING UP TO THE TATTOO
- Be sure to drink plenty of water, one to two liters a day. Your skin is an organ after all. The better you take care of it the easier it will heal.
- Shave the area a few days prior to the appointment and again the day before. If the area is especially hairy, shave at least one more time in between the first and last day.
- Start using lotion on the area to be tattooed at least once a day starting a week prior to the appointment.
- Get a good nights sleep. If you do drink alcohol the night before please keep it at a minimum to ensure you don’t bleed any of the ink out.
- PLEASE EAT the morning of the appointment. You burn quite a few calories getting tattooed and having energy from food goes a long way.
THE DAY OF THE TATTOO
- Be sure you have a valid drivers license, passport, or other government issued ID, and CASH.
- Dress comfortably so that I can easily access the area with free space from any clothing. Be sure to wear something you are ok getting permanent ink stains on.
- Be prepared with a drink and food to keep your energy going. Especially if it will be a lengthy tattoo.
- Its ok to bring friends but keep in mind there won’t be much room for them and they may get bored quickly. Please do not bring babies or children for safety reasons and to help keep a comfortable environment for everyone.
- Please do not use any numbing products and DO NOT come under the influence of any drugs or alcohol. If you feel the need to take anything, Tylenol or Advil is ok.
- Leave yourself ample time after the appointment. The tattoo process as a whole often takes longer than imagined.
DURING THE TATTOO PROCESS
One of the most important things while getting a tattoo is being aware of cross contamination. This is for your safety and the safety of everyone else in the studio.
- DO NOT touch or let anyone touch the skin being tattooed once the area has been prepped.
- DO NOT touch or let anyone touch the tattooed area especially after skin has been broken.
- If you do get blood on your hands for any reason, please DO NOT touch anything with that hand, but rub hand sanitizer on them immediately and then wash them right after.
- DO NOT touch any of the equipment on or near the tattoo station.
- DO NOT touch anything else that might be contaminated, including anything I drop on the ground.
- DO NOT walk around the studio barefoot. If you wish to be barefoot please bring a pair of sandals to walk around in.
- It’s a lot of “DO NOTS,” so basically just relax and get tattooed.